Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Spirit Of Giving

One of the things I am grateful for is working for a company that enjoys giving back. Earlier in the year, I put together a different basket worth over five hundred dollars and had donations from four local businesses. All the proceeds went towards helping buy a parcel of land for our community forest. This is the point of community. To give back. 

This month, I put together a basket worth over $150 and it has many amazing things in it. It's a raffle for anyone who brings in a non-perishable food item. And it is called incentive. On one hand, it makes me sad people need incentive to donate food to those in need. On the other, I'm excited to be able to help and encourage people to pull out the items from their cupboard they no longer want or need. (Or clothes and blankets!)

So, as it draws closer to the holiday season, try to keep in mind those who may need a little help. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that's a pretty wonderful thing to do, Tee. :) Reminds me to go through my stuff and get some donations ready! Personally my favorite thing about the holiday season is about giving, not receiving. I feel like if you focus on what you're going to get, it opens yourself up to disappointment if you don't 'get what you want', which isn't what it's all about anyway. So yeah. Giving is better. :)