Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ingenious

No one has ever described me as 'neat and tidy'. But I like things to have a place and for them to be put in that place when they are done being used. This doesn't change the fact my closet looks like a clothes bomb went off in it. A scene from Clueless just popped into my head. The one where Alicia Silverstone's character, Cher, is trying to find an outfit for school and she has the computer to help her match her clothes together.

And because the intersnacks is awesome, the clip is actually on YouTube and I can embed it here:


My life would be so much simpler if I had this computerized wardrobe selector. I don't, though. I have a tiny closet and not enough hangers. Still, I like to keep things together. Cleanish. In place. Sometimes I think of cool ways to display things. Like a vase holding all my driftwood pieces or reusing a little glass jar of face cream by washing it out and putting all my earrings in it. Speaking of which, I have stretched my ears to zero gauge, rendering all my old earrings obsolete. Yet I can't seem to get rid of them. I guess if I ever downsize I can use them again. There is a bit of debate over how big you can stretch and go back to normal after. Word on the street is 00. So, all things point to downsizing is possible in my future.

Anyhow, the other day a light bulb went off in my head. Ding! (That's the sound my idea light bulb makes) I had these old shower curtain hangers and a bundle of necklaces that kept getting all tangled up. So, BAM, I combine the two and now have an awesome way to keep my necklaces organized.

I took a picture so you can see my ingeniousness.


This might be the most boring post I've sent forth into the virtual world, but at least there's a Clueless snippet in it. What are some of your idea for keeping things organized and awesome? I need all the tips I can get. 

No comments: