Saturday, February 1, 2014

Kiss The Sky

Spring is here.

Don't even think about going to look at the calender either because season come whether the month says so or not. And I can 120% confirm that spring is here. New growth, crisp air, mushy ground. All signs point to awesome.

Today, I finally broke out of hibernation (meaning laziness) and got off the couch. It's clear outside is where I'm meant to be. One of the most lovely factors of the great outdoors is that it doesn't matter if you're alone. Sure, you can bring a friend along, if you so please, but if you don't have any local friends, you can just head on out there all alone and not feel lonely at all.

Is it just me, or is it hard to feel sad in the forest?


There's a loop I do through the trails near my house that takes about an hour to complete. Two sections of it allow me to kiss the sky. It's high enough for me to feel on top of the world, but not so high that I have to pack a lunch to get there. When I'm standing there, looking over the village I live, I feel small, unimportant, a blip on the radar.


And that's just the way I want it.

My ripples on this earth will not be massive or memorable, they shall be small. But just like the baby waves take silt out to the ocean, I too will have some sort of impression. I am a cog in this machine but my intentions are good.

More than anything, I want to protect what makes me feel happy. Protect the feeling of standing on top of the world, being one with nature, a part of this earth. These trees and mountains and ferns, I want them to be here past my life, past the children I don't have lives, and their children too. And on and on and on and on. It makes me wonder why people want to tear it down.


It's almost like people forget it serves a purpose. Not only is it lovely and amazing, it cleans the air. Yes, trees have a function here on earth, just like all aspects of nature. They are important. They are also cogs in the machine Mother Nature crafted for us to enjoy. I am super lucky because I live in a beautiful place.

Anyhow, I sunk my feet in and kissed the sky today. I highly recommend you do the same.

Take pictures, too. It's always nice to capture what you love and show others.

No comments: