Friday, January 10, 2014

Creative Genius

Fine, the title of this blog post is a little sarcastic. I would never call myself a creative genius. In many ways, this post falls in line with the other days, where I talked about having the ability to laugh at yourself.

Yesterday, I coined a new phrase.

The Stealthie.

It's the act of taking a selfie on the sly, a stealthie selfie.

Apparently, there is a whole world of people out there submerged in selfie culture. It's a wonder to me too, honestly, I'm puzzled. Not only are there people participating in the selfie Olympics, but people are obsessed with taking pictures of themselves without other people knowing. How? Hiding the phone in a book, behind a scarf. I had a link, but I lost it. Needless to say, I am unreliable.

That being said, you heard it hear first ... maybe.

The Stealthie.

Oh, yeah. Super grateful for my ability to make stupid crap up.

I am sure the Urban Dictionary will you tell you 'stealthie' means something else. And it probably has something to do with sex. They are wrong.

Wrong, I tell you.

You know what this all makes me think about? How obsessed people are with their faces. Don't think I am saying my poop don't stink, either. It does. I have selfies on my phone. They are posted to my Instagram. Pictures be everywhere.

But it poses an interesting question, is our society more focused on image and how they look? Is it getting worse? Do people really think others care? And, most importantly, does anyone find the duck face attractive?

No comments: