Thursday, April 22, 2010

DoggyStyle

Back in 93 I bought my first CD. It was Snoop Dogg's DoggyStyle.
I was listening to the gem posted below and got to thinking, what the hell was going through my parents' minds? In 93 I wasn't even a teenager yet...almost but not quite. Still, I would never let my 16 year old listen to this let alone a 12 year old.

Don't get me wrong. I love the album.I remember standing behind the portable and rapping Lodi Dodi with a guy named Shawn. I thought Shawn was cute. The truth of the situation is, I wasn't cute. I was an unfortunate soul with ratty hair and a porky belly. And I am pretty sure Shawn was only nice to me because he was afraid of my brother. Sigh. Not all is fair in love and war.

Delight in the fact that my parental units clearly didn't care about the advisory on the front of the album. But did they even read it? I mean...it is called DoggyStyle.

No comments: