Sunday, March 28, 2010

Parental Units

This past weekend I stepped away from the computer to visit my parents. Growing up, I never wondered if I was different, for I always knew. My parents are beyond eccentric and I never doubted where I got the "weirdness" from. I drove the three and a half hours up into the B.C mountains to see them. The drive is always gorgeous, but it isn't the only thing I love about my parents place. Here are a few of my favorite things:


The reservoir. It truly is breathtaking to look at. No matter if it is winter and ice cloaks the fish underneath or summer with the muskrats go swimming in it, it is wonderful to lay my eyes upon. The res takes up a lot of my parents' property, but it is one of the best parts of it:



The happy face my mother has painted on their water well. There is something about it that always makes me smile:


Random gifts. This time I made off with gunpowder tea, a tea ball, a book about the life and times of Adolf Hitler, and this owl trivet (which I simply adore):
Random boat pictures around their house. This is one of them, though it certainly isn't the ONLY one:


This face at the dinner table. This is Mitsy and one of the four Barkowskis. Noisy? Yes. Adorable? Oh my, you wouldn't even believe it:
Bread. My mom made me this bread, by hand! Not that bread machine stuff, and it had raisins and seeds and flax and everything in it. Tasty.:

No comments: