Friday, March 19, 2010

Just Another Day Around The Office

I work in an office. There are ups and downs to this. Ups: some cool people, free tampons, my own work space, listening to my MP3 all day and not having anyone really bug me. Downs: sitting on my arse all day, listening to some of the office banter, staring out the window on gorgeous days like today. Hey, at least I have a window seat.

That said, there is something that bothers me immensely about my place of employment. People bring treats in and put them on the filing cabinet. They call this place, where the treats go, the "Usual Spot". This annoys me. Not sure why, it just does.

Well, often if you wander in you will find donuts, chocolates, candy, cookies in this spot. I can never eat any of it and I walk on past without a second thought. This morning I go waltzing past the "Usual Spot" to grab something from the printer and do you want to know what is sitting on the cabinets for everyone to share? Corn Pops.

Yep. Corn Pops. And not a big box of Corn Pops, nope, a single serving container of Corn Pops. Needless to say, I had to stop and check this out. I mean, come on! And low and behold, the Corn Pops were open and some of them were eaten. Wow. Just, WOW.

And thus commences another fun filled day at the office.

3 comments:

Rebs @ Book-Rants said...

I think I'm going to bring in my dinner leftovers and put them in the usual spot

C-Stene said...

"I brought in a can of Whoop-ass. It's in the usual spot."

Craig Robert Saunders said...

does anyone ever clean the usual spot? it must be pretty grubby.