Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm Just So Tired

Lack of sleep has made me cranky today. Usually it doesn't catch up until Thursday or Friday.

I think it's funny when people say they are insomniacs. Usually they aren't, when they go to bed, they are out like a light. Not me. I toss and turn, kick the blankets, get up, move around and wake up ever half hour without fail. It is a standard pattern I have.

Sunday to Friday I function on less than four hours of tossing turning sleep. Friday I am so fucking drained that I can't fathom going out, so I hang out at home. Usually I drop like a ton of bricks on Friday night, cram a solid eight hours of sleep in, because my body refuses to function anymore. Then it starts again.

I would say, of the fifty-six to seventy hours I am supposed to sleep, I get maybe thirty two. Don't forget twenty-four of those are filled with tossing and turning.

I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not. I'm just really tired. And grumpy.

I can't help it.


No comments: